Skip to content
- It takes 53 Gallons of water to make one latte from farm to cup.
- The U.S. uses 500 million straws a day!
- That’s enough to wrap the circumference of the earth 2.5 times or to fill Yankee Stadium over 9 times in a year! Now imagine that magnified by global consumption.
What can YOU do?
- Shop Local.
- locally grown and produced foods cut down on transportation costs.
- Buy in Season.
- Raspberries are great in January, but the carbon footprint to get them to you is large.
- Try Frozen.
- Frozen food grown in the United States is better for you than fruits and vegetables grown in South America and transported to the United States.
- Bring a Mug
- ask the coffee shop to refill it instead of using a paper cup.
- Stop using straws. [button, “No Straws” link to online petition to push local cities to ban straws in restaurants]
- Sign the petition to ask your city officials to ban straws today!